Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
Search
View: 494|Reply: 2

[unsolved] elephone s8

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-9-5 12:55:58 | Show all posts |Read mode
elephone S8
The phone has no locked screen no pin number set and no fingerprint set up no gesture
completely unsecured

Under thiose conditions the phone is turned on by pressing the power button and swipeing.
Is this the only method available. Tapping the fingerprint sensor does nothing. Is this normal.

I played with an Oppo A57. The Oppo under the same setup can be turned on by tapping the fingerprint sensor.

I always wondered why the S8 didn't do this. Is it a defect?

Regards

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-9-11 15:52:08 | Show all posts
That's strange. Normally you can also turn the S8 on with the fingerprint sensor and set a pattern or a pin... reset?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-9-20 19:23:52 | Show all posts
__FlAtLiNe__ replied at 2018-9-11 03:52 PM
That's strange. Normally you can also turn the S8 on with the fingerprint sensor and set a pattern o ...

Yes! the fingerprint sensor only works if the fingerprint or pattern or pin number  is set.
But not if it  is set for swipe
Otherwise the phone times out during a hand held call ( not against the ear) and can only be woken up with the power button.  a bit of a drag.
The finger print button works fine as long as the phone does not shut down then all bets are off.

I considered the proximity sensor may be at fault. During the hardware test function the numbers change  when anything comes near it - so it is sensing.
But any attempt to adjust it results in a message " Calibration failed

regards
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

share :
To Top