Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
Search
View: 208|Reply: 6

clarification and questions

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-2-10 10:45:31 | Show all posts |Read mode
I am reading specs for the Elephone U and U pro. Some specs indicate the CPU as MTK 6763 others as Snapdragon 660. Which one is correct?
Is the U coming with the MTK and the U pro with the Snapdragon?

Is the variation for to RAM/ROM size 4/6GB and 64/128 GB resp. available for both the U and the U pro. Or does the U have 4/64 and the U pro 6/128?

is it correct that the U comes with Android 7.1 and the U Pro with 8.0? is an OTA upgrade planned for the U?

Do both version have dedicated SD slots or shared with a SIM? Some specs indicate the phone does not have Hybrid SIM and others possible memory extension up to 128GB. If both are correct the SD must have a dedicated slot.

What are the differences between the U and the U pro?

A general question. As I have been working with phone containing MTK only. Can the phone with a Snapdragon be rooted the same way with the SP flash tool and Magisk or SuperSU?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-2-10 18:01:28 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Thanks Ninja-for the reply
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits

Lucky StarSharp eyesThe best member

Post time 2018-2-10 17:30:36 | Show all posts
Both the devices feature hybrid slots. You are correct in saying the U has the Mediatek, and the U pro the 660. Both U and U pro come with 4/64 and 6/128 options. U has Nougat, OTA scheduled, but U pro has 8.0 Oreo out of the box. I use Magisk, but I don't know if they can be rooted as of yet. I would think it is harder, as they have GMS certification, so maybe locked boot loaders. You might want to wait till news of that. Hope that helped a bit.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Guru

Credits

Star of honorActive starLucky StarSharp eyesactive users

Post time 2018-2-11 01:20:06 | Show all posts
Ninja-X replied at 2018-2-10 09:30 AM
Both the devices feature hybrid slots. You are correct in saying the U has the Mediatek, and the U p ...

well spotted! on the first look, they're advertised as if both have the snapdragon chip, need to get in to the small print to figure out the Elephone U is with the MTK

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 3 day(s) ago From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Hey... I just now bought elephone u pro. For now I can't able to find the how to set face recognition because there is no option in the settings and also may I know how to use the portrait, because this is different from other mobiles. Note :- my camera app and software is up to date. Please help me with this

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time The day before yesterday 02:39 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I have the U Pro and there's a few things which seem to be not working correctly.... NFC doesn't seen to work for me, also Android Pay can't be set up. Face Unlock is also not present

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Guru

Credits

Star of honorActive starLucky StarSharp eyesactive users

Post time The day before yesterday 06:44 PM | Show all posts
Krish replied at 2018-2-19 09:36 AM
Hey... I just now bought elephone u pro. For now I can't able to find the how to set face recognitio ...

seems you're not the only person not getting facial recognition to work https://bbs.elephone.hk/forum.ph ... 7&fromuid=90419

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

share :
To Top