Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
Search
View: 6864|Reply: 222

Elephone U Pro

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Guru

Credits

Star of honorActive starLucky StarSharp eyesactive users

Post time 2018-1-29 19:20:41 | Show all posts |Read mode
Welcome to the Elephone U Pro forum

Has anyone laid hands on an Elephone U Pro yet?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-4-8 00:40:24 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
http://ikingrootapk.com/
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-3-30 01:09:10 | Show all posts
Edited by jimibxl at 2018-3-30 02:19 AM
Skeleton1911 replied at 2018-3-30 12:32 AM
Not true. With the u pro and it's sdm660 msm8976 pro CPU . All is fine. BT and GPS works great. It's ...

completly agree with you. I bought a elephone s7 it is a verny nice looking phone unfortunetly too much buggy, i bought the u pro and was rely suspicious.  I really don't regreat it after 3 weeks of use even the battery life is great and i don't complain about cam quality, for my use i am satisfy. the sound is great as i am all day listening to music but it's true i use good quality bluethoot headphones and i use a very good music player with lot of equalizer parameters (i am very tuning the player to have a great sound. for cam is oposite i just use auto mode).
i bought a few years ago the galaxy ss4 i paid for this shit 700 €, that was the  worst phone i ever had. i am not rich and i can tell you my heart was crying to had given so many €.  i really hated the cam quality and remember i am not difficult on that point.

What i like also with chinese phones is when a phone cost 400 $ the price in euro will be around 350. not like samsung, apple and the others 1000 $ will be 1000 €; why europeans hve always to pay more

I will finish by saying samsung are not korean phones, apple are not amarican phones, sony not japoneses phone etc, they are all chinese phones
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-3-9 06:43:34 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I did it yesterday, after you are in recovery you see a red android figure, hold power and vol+ for about 3-4 secs. To get into recovery.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-3-20 18:36:01 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Emerald replied at 2018-3-20 03:58 PM
Doesn't work for me.
I did adb reboot recovery and the android figure with red symbol shows up.
Bu ...

To enter the recovery mode, you must hold the on/off and vol - buttons and release only the on/off button as soon as the green led lights up.
It works for me...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-3-11 03:29:16 | Show all posts
guys thanx for your replies. i was playing with phone and found out where face unlock was. i just wanted to share but you were faster.

i really like the phone, despite the fact i got 110 apps installed phone is still fast and battery life is perfect.

concerning photo i find it's not that bad but it's true i am not a fan of taking picture. the only thing bad i foud is u can use bokeh effect  only if there is a face on a photo, so no bokeh effect with things?

Gps is very accurate with gmaps.

screen is perfect for the price'

fingerprint is fast.
wireless charging works perfect.
good bt and wifi, no disconnection till now
speaker is loud i even had to down the ring volume

weight is very good, today i compare my u pro with galaxy s8(+) they look similar'

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Guru

Credits

Author| Post time 2018-2-20 18:51:05 | Show all posts
ibfoxer replied at 2018-2-20 10:20 AM
Also, android pay isn't working currently on the U Pro, or at least not for me, as I get a message a ...

if that's the case.... it's unlikely Android Pay is going to work ... https://www.androidcentral.com/a ... nd-thats-good-thing

you can give Android Pay another try with magisk https://magiskmanager.com/

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-2-18 22:36:54 | Show all posts
Edited by HeinzM at 2018-2-18 10:47 PM

As I mentioned earlier I ordered the U pro 6/128GB from GearBest on Feb 9 2018 and It arrived on Feb. 15 2018 by DHL.
I don't want o go into known details like CPU Scrreen etc. but rather confirm/correct the specs. that are unclear (not in order of importance) and I do some comparison with the P9000.
* There is NO 3.5mm audio jack. But it comes with a USB/3.5mm converter cable and it works well.
* What I am missing compare to the P9000 is the programmable switch on the left side, But you can activate curved edge. a bar on the left or right on the screen that can be opened by swipe and there you can program apps you need frequently.
* It actually HAS wireless charging, NFC, face recognition, OEM unlocking bootloader, LED notification with programmable colors.
NFC, I can not confirm if Android Pay works as it is not available in my country of residence. But having NFC and GMS certificate (which I can't confirm) it should work with android pay.
face recognition, I could not make this properly working yet. it worked about once or twice but mostly it doesn't. Could also be because I am using NOVA launcher and not the original one.
OEM bootloader unlocking, with this feature we might have a change to root the phone. I have not tried that step yet.

The fingerprint reader feels a bit "wobbly" works in general, better than the with the first P9000 Stock, but definitely less than the last P9000 stock ROM release.

The GPS works very well. Was driving around in the city and had not drop out whatsoever.
The battery holds well. I started with 100%, did all the settings and reinstalling apps from scratch, try and error for one day and at the end the battery had still 30% life left.

Another nice feature is the replacement of the three navigation points on the bottom of the screen. Recent apps, home, and back. first the order can be changed. recent-home-back or back-home-recent. They also can completely removed and be replaced by swipe up gesture. E.g. if you have the order recent-home-back then swipe up from the bottom of the screen on the right it will take you a step back, swipe in the middle takes you to the home screen and swipe up on the left opens recent used apps or settings.

In general, except the facial recognition everything i have tried works well.
I you want something to know that i can try let me know.

Comments

sounds like you're overall satisfied with the U Pro  Post time 2018-2-20 06:40 PM

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Sharp eyesThe best member

Post time 2018-2-1 18:14:05 | Show all posts
I encountered Elephone through the advertisement of the M3 and took a chance. It was a nearly perfect handset for me, though it took Elephone quite some time to produce enough M3 and months longer to get the Android 6 to a good state.
Apart from the low mic-volume it then was great. Really great.

So I took another chance and bought my wife its "NFC-twin" P9000. That was rather disappointing - although identical hardware with even more RAM, the P9000 always felt a lot more sluggish, until the latest Android 7 - and the update to Nougat had to be done manually, so a no-go for many users.

When the Helio-P10 started to become outdated I gave them another chance and chose the P8 as the most worthy successor to the M3, but so far I'm quite disappointed.
Same camera, but it performs worse than in the M3.
Front camera is... so-so. The "beauty-flash" is so weak that it has virtually no effect.
But what really pisses me off is that Elephone has somehow bugged the modem. It seems to enter some kind of energy-saving, loses GSM-connection and even fails to get up when the phone is activated. So the most basic function of a mobile-phone - making calls and receiving calls - is totally random. Sure, I rarely make us of that, but it's something that I really must be ably to rely on - in case of emergencies.
And Elephone seems unwilling to even admit this problem, although I already have TWO of the golden P8 with the same phenomenon. That's about 380€ and no usable phone.

I don't think that I will give them another chance, unless they solve this major bug. I still have a slight hope, support told me that an update is in progress. And in the past they usually fixed most problems, although it took really a long time with M3 and P9000.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Lucky StarSharp eyesThe best member

Post time 2018-1-31 09:51:42 | Show all posts
Probably not. It isn't released yet.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Guru

Credits

Author| Post time 2018-1-31 21:20:27 | Show all posts
Ninja-X replied at 2018-1-31 01:51 AM
Probably not. It isn't released yet.

looks like it's gonna be released next week  in Madrid, 8th Feb 2018

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits

Sharp eyes

Post time 2018-2-1 00:56:35 | Show all posts
Its not released yet. But i am not giving this company any more chances. First elephone p6000 with a buggy android 5 update, which they never fixed. And now with elephone s7, with yet another buggy android 7 update, and then they abandoned it. So no more elephone.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Guru

Credits

Author| Post time 2018-2-4 01:48:54 | Show all posts
Momo03 replied at 2018-2-1 10:14 AM
I don't think that I will give them another chance, unless they solve this major bug. I still have a slight hope, support told me that an update is in progress. And in the past they usually fixed most problems, although it took really a long time with M3 and P9000.

from reading experiences on this forum, it's pretty much the average user experience... general excitement on the specs, but disappointment to follow.... it's a shame that the company that has been in the business a couple of years now, hasn't been able to move on and improve the way they deal with problems.
i'm holding my breath for now and not purchasing another elephone for the moment...

I'm eager to see your report on the foretold fix for the P8 (if it's ever coming...)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Post time 2018-2-7 12:26:43 | Show all posts
Edited by Ninja-X at 2018-2-7 12:28 PM

$531 AUD. I would love to lay my hands on a U Pro, but I can't afford it, being unemployed and a minor.
Maybe Elephone can send me one?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-2-8 02:54:27 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
k0k0s replied at 2018-2-1 12:56 AM
Its not released yet. But i am not giving this company any more chances. First elephone p6000 with a ...

Tengo el elephone s7 el r9 y el s8 y te aseguro que el s7 no tiene ninguna sctualizacion dañada

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Guru

Credits

Author| Post time 2018-2-8 06:40:57 | Show all posts
Ninja-X replied at 2018-2-7 04:26 AM
$531 AUD. I would love to lay my hands on a U Pro, but I can't afford it, being unemployed and a min ...

i think you deserve one

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Post time 2018-2-8 09:48:52 | Show all posts

I was going to reply to the Instagram by Elephone: Who would you give a U Pro, and I thought of you. I would get Ceramic if I was going to get one. If I'm in, then I'll go all out. It looks

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

share :
To Top