Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
Search
View: 154|Reply: 4

Elephone P8(2017): massive problems with GSM800

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits

Sharp eyesThe best member

Post time 2018-1-3 22:25:21 | Show all posts |Read mode
As some of you may remember, I had problems with my first P8 and SIM-Services, where Elephone-Support came to the conclusion that the phone must have an hardware-defect. So I ordered a second P8 in moccha-gold. So far I was rather happy with it, although the 21MP-Sony-Camera does not meet the expectations I had after the great M3 with the same sensor.

A few weeks ago I  ran into a situation where I desperately needed the phone-function, which I usually never use:
I had a car-accident and hat to call the car-service and wait for recalls of them.

That's when I realized that my 'new' P8 has massive problems with the telephone-function - at least with my (only) SIM-card.
Here in germany one has the choice between GSM800 and GSM1800, and I have my card from a provider that uses GSM800.
The SIM-card is new, by the way - I replaced it when the problems with my first P8 occured.

Phenomenon:
The P8 randomly loses and establishes connection to the GSM-network.
When it loses the connection, it might show 'not connected' or it might display a correct connection.
In either case the phone is being disconnected from the GSM-network, it neither receives calls or SMS not can it make calls or send SMS.

The faulty behaviour has no recognizable reason or pattern. The phone can be placed immobile at perfect signal-location, be turned on permanently and lose the connection, and find it again.
But the phenomenon occurs more often when the display is switched off or when the phone is being moved through locations with bad or nor GSM-signal.

When the phenomenon occurs, it SOMETIMES helps to reboot the phone, but often it helps not.
When the phenomenon occurs, it ALWAYS helps to reset the network-settings, which of course deletes all WiFi-data too.

I tried the SIM-card in both slots, with identical results.
I tried the SIM-card of my wife (same provider, GSM800) with identical results, so I can exclude a SIM-card-defect.

I finally gave in and bought a GSM1800-SIM-card.

And guess what:
The GSM1800-card never loses connection
The GDM800-card still randomly loses connection as before, i.e. even when the phone is in perfect signal-reception-lacation and not being moved.

Conclusion:
The P8 seems to have a severe problem with the Modem-Chip and GSM800. Or an abysmal software-implementation.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits

Lucky StarSharp eyesThe best member

Post time 2018-1-4 18:46:36 | Show all posts
You should try to reinstall the ROM.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

ROM's developer

Credits

UI makersactive users

Post time 2018-1-8 04:47:03 | Show all posts
Hello. Which firmware currently installed on your phone?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits

Sharp eyesThe best member

Author| Post time 2018-1-8 19:30:45 | Show all posts
During testing I have gone through dozens ROMs. I am using the latest official 20171009 and automatic updates are activated.  

Maybe I will go through the hassle again and try other versions, but since I have about 20 official ROM-Versions for the P8, I would like a reasonable hint where to start.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Guru

Credits

Star of honorActive starLucky StarSharp eyesactive users

Post time 2018-1-10 22:37:26 | Show all posts
Deepflex replied at 2018-1-7 08:47 PM
Hello. Which firmware currently installed on your phone?

Do you know if this issue is fixed in any of the firmwares?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

share :
To Top