Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
Search
View: 108|Reply: 6

Some news about SD 845

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits

Little fairy

Post time 2017-12-4 17:17:27 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Shannon at 2017-12-4 05:17 PM

The Snapdragon 845: what we think we know
Qualcomm's next flagship Snapdragon platform, likely to be called the Snapdragon 845, could be similar to the 835 in a number of ways. For starters, it is rumored to stick to a similar octa-core arrangement: where four high-performance cores handle heavy loads and four energy-efficient cores are responsible for lighter duties. The system then decides which and how many cores to utilize, depending on the task at hand.

Yet a boost in performance is to be expected. The high-performance cores inside the Snapdragon 845 could be 20% faster in single-threaded tasks compared to the ones inside the 835. Meanwhile, the energy-saving quartet in the 845 could be comprised of cores that are 18% more powerful and 15% more power efficient. These improvements are likely to come as a result from Qualcomm switching to new processor cores, based on ARM's high-end Cortex-A75 and mid-range Cortex-A55 processor designs. For reference, the Snapdragon 835's cores were based on the Cortex-A73 and the Cortex-A53.

Rumors also suggest that the Snapdragon 845 could be built on a 10nm process, though there's no clarity on whether first-gen 10nm manufacturing would be applied, or the newer, 10nm LPP method would be utilized instead, bringing considerable improvements in power efficiency.

Cores and nanometers aside, the Snapdragon 845 is expected to be optimized for advanced applications, such as biometric authentication, speech recognition and artificial intelligence. The Adreno 630, expected to be the new chip's GPU, is projected to be not only great for 3D gaming, but also for rendering next-generation AR and VR experiences.

No less importantly, the Snapdragon 845 could feature Qualcomm's X20 LTE modem. This particular component is already official, which is why we're already familiar with its specs which include 1.2Gbit download and 150Mbit upload speeds.

When is the Snapdragon 845 coming and in which phones?

From the looks of it, the Snapdragon 845 could be announced on December 5 during the Snapdragon Summit – an event hosted by Qualcomm. Then the chip should make its way into a commercial device before the end of Q1 2018. That could be the Samsung Galaxy S9, rumor has it, as the company may have reserved the first batch of chips, or at least a great portion of it. This is believed to have been the case when the Galaxy S8 launched, which is why at the time competitor LG released its G6 flagship phone with the older Snapdragon 821 chip. In 2018, however, LG could launch a G7 powered by a Snapdragon 845, if reports are to be trusted. And it would be only a matter of time until players like HTC, Sony, and Xiaomi release their Snapdragon 845-powered offerings.

Are you expecting for Snapdragon 845? Do you want ELEPHONE use SD845?

(CR:https://www.phonearena.com/news/ ... now-so-far_id100337

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Veteran

Credits

Lucky StarSharp eyesactive users

Post time 2017-12-4 21:05:16 | Show all posts
As MediaTek will stop producing high-end smartphone chips, moving to Qualcomm's chips is a logical choice.  
https://bbs.elephone.hk/forum.ph ... 1&fromuid=90419
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits

Anti-humor King

Post time 6 day(s) ago | Show all posts
But I like SD 660.
set me free ╮(╯﹏╰)╭

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits

Anti-humor King

Post time 6 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Cuz the Elephone S9
set me free ╮(╯﹏╰)╭

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 5 day(s) ago | Show all posts
I like having a little boost on performance over the MTK series, however MTK does a nice job for mid-grade smartphones, and it is also cheap. Moving to Qualcomm is a smart move from Elephone and a move that I'll think will bring A LOT of attention.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits

Anti-humor King

Reffter replied at 2017-12-7 05:58 AM
I like having a little boost on performance over the MTK series, however MTK does a nice job for mid ...

Qualcomm is a smartphone trend.
set me free ╮(╯﹏╰)╭

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits

Anti-humor King

I found an article about SD845.
set me free ╮(╯﹏╰)╭