Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
Search
View: 22857|Reply: 101

[Stock ROM] Stock ROM Elephone S8_Android 7.1.1_20171018 OTA update supported

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

good boy =)

Credits
Post time 2017-10-23 09:51:22 | Show all posts |Read mode
Download link: Elephone_S8_20171018.rar (1.18Gb)
ROM flashing tutorial:  http://bbs.elephone.hk/thread-1037-1-1.html#.VWgkX_RAU-0

Any bugs just reply here, please do not create a new thread.

Changelog:
1. Optimized the charging problem.
2. Optimized the touch effect, enhance the game using experience.
3. Optimized the display effect.
4. Optimized the time of the status bar.
5. Optimized the overall system performance.
6. Optimized the focus speed of the camera.
7. Updated the MTK security patch.
8. Optimized real-time network speed display.

Ps: After flash and FOTA of the phone, probabilistically, there will be inaccuracy of the power display. For example, it will automatically shutdown when it is about 10% power. The solution is: turn off the phone after the FOTA, then turn it on after fully charged.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-10-24 05:58:47 | Show all posts
Edited by TOMMYX2 at 2017-10-24 06:04 AM

please fix the camera finally.
The focus is indeed since the new update something better but still scrap!
Video recordings are time-delayed with the sound. If this is not fixed, the S8 goes back.

A problem with the changing Mac addresses is synonymous, I could solve it but one must deeply into the system intervene and this is not the solution for most users. The Super S8 is with these errors only scrap, no matter how great the display is.

Of course, this is a great smartphone, but with a software in Betastadium which is not working with the hardware is scraping the device. The stupid is always the buyer
Reply Support 3 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-1-28 05:11:42 | Show all posts
It's 3 months since the last update still full of problems
How long do we have to wait for the new ROM still?
Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-1-5 20:38:41 | Show all posts
It's been two months since the last update and the s8 is still full of problems !! Quick recharge does not work, otg does not work, camera makes bad photos, videos are seen in low resolution ... So it is almost unusable, will these problems solve?!? Will there still be an update?
User very disappointed by elephone, coming from the p9000 with which I had found myself very well!
Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-10-30 12:00:35 | Show all posts
Edited by whitebear68 at 2017-10-30 12:09 PM

My S8 was updated to 20171018 version, but still have some bug
1. GPS is very unstable, the position always float to wrong postion(even turn on the wifi)
2. Facebook, twitter, instagram,chrome app always display 180p video, and can't change resolution
3. All video playback in any app, always add sharp effect and can't turn off
4. The camera focus is better then old firmware, I care that shutter delay, about 1 second, it will cause bad user experience
5. Finger Print sensor is out of function when charging.

If elephone staff can fix all above bug, this phone will be a best tri-bezel less phone
Elephone Engeering Staff Fighting! It's a great piece don't waste S8 that powerful hardware

Thank you!

Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-10-23 20:20:42 | Show all posts
what are the chances that I install this update and my cell phone will not work later? Is it possible to update the device online through the mobile phone?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Guru

Credits

Star of honorActive starLucky StarSharp eyesactive users

Post time 2017-10-24 02:49:40 | Show all posts
some issue with Transition Animation speed got mentioned in another thread. Here's the link for reference:

https://bbs.elephone.hk/forum.ph ... 9&fromuid=90419

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-10-24 02:52:35 | Show all posts
farsiray replied at 2017-10-24 02:49 AM
some issue with Transition Animation speed got mentioned in another thread. Here's the link for refe ...

oh thanks.
I will just Copy and Paste the Text here again:

Maybe its not a bug, but a feature but i kinda dislike this super duper fast transition animation speed. Yes, it lets you think and feel this phone is very fast, but it just kills any User Experience.

Im speaking of this custom settet Transition Animation speed for:
Rotation Transition
Open Recents
Switch App with Recents
And maybe many more.

So when you set Transition Animation Scale in Dev options to x10. Some Animations like Opening a submenu in Settings are really really slow, but then youll get finally good transition animations for rotating or fullscreen a video on Youtube.

So x10 is finally the "real" x1. Nice Rotation Transitions how they should be but useless other Transitions because theyre too slow.

Somethinh is messed up here by ROM devs. Maybe some marketing gag? I don't care, im just searching for the option to change it to stock and how google ships it out.

Anybody knows how to specifically change the scales for the transitions that were sped up to like x0.1?Any xposed, magisk, Buildprop or whatever tweak I couldn't find yet?

Best regards,
and overall a good phone!!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-10-24 14:49:57 | Show all posts
Edited by lk13 at 2017-10-24 02:51 PM

First of all, you need to bypass digital signature on WIN10. Press and hold Shift key and Restart computer while holding Shift key. Pick problems solve button. restart without digital signature ON (press 7 key on ask). After boot WIN10 install SPDriver ignoring red alerts (a few times..). Start Flash utility, press Download button and connect phone via USB to old USB port (phone wont be detectect on high speed blue USB ports..)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-10-24 15:16:34 | Show all posts
This was definitely not a cheap phone, costing me 270 EUR all at all (phone at gearbest, DHL, customs..). Im satisfied with phone, as I dont use camera too much taking photos and videos on my oly camera. But I can see, camera after this update is still focusing too slow. Its not a focus I mean, its a software what starts camera which is very slow. And this is only issue I found on E S8 after one day using.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-10-26 07:28:36 | Show all posts
We found a huge new bug in our germany forum.

When you double tab the fingerprint for home, the navigation ALWAYS triggers a back button as you single pressed the fingerprint reader.
So there is NO way to go home via fingerprint without hitting the back button in the app you were in. Really messed up navigation!

So pls fix this along with this boosted useless transitions and change it stock speeds!

Thanks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-10-26 08:27:52 | Show all posts
lk13 replied at 2017-10-24 03:16 PM
This was definitely not a cheap phone, costing me 270 EUR all at all (phone at gearbest, DHL, custom ...

I think the slow camera is not a software issue, it is because of the large resolution of the sensor.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Sharp eyesThe best member

Post time 2017-10-26 14:17:52 | Show all posts
viktorhu replied at 2017-10-26 08:27 AM
I think the slow camera is not a software issue, it is because of the large resolution of the sens ...

Nope.

Elephone has several phones with this sensor, and none has slow-focus-problem.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

share :
To Top