Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
Search
View: 589|Reply: 6

Elephone continue to fail...

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-5-19 13:23:36 From the mobile phone | Show all posts |Read mode
Elephone are still avoiding honoring their warranty. They have my, disappointing and faulty phone as well as my money. I have tried to contact the SAIC to make a complaint, have contacted the Chinese Overseas Association in the UK, have contacted the Chinese Embassy and Economic and Commercial Counsellor's Office of the Embassy of the People's Republic of China as well as the CCPIT. I have had little useful response so far and am yet to find a person to whom I can take my complaint.
It is unfortunate, though not surprising, that a company puts profit above customer satisfaction to the point where return customers are unlikely... it is a very short sighted and dishonorable ethos. If anyone knows of a contact in the Chinese government dealing with consumer rights please could you post here an address here. I will continue to pursue this as and when I have the time. In the meantime my advice. Avoid this company and their products... pass it on.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Veteran

Credits

Lucky Staractive users

Post time 2017-5-19 15:22:32 | Show all posts
Thanks for keeping us in the loop.
Looking forward to results from your attempts to make a complaint with the Chinese Government.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-5-21 15:52:15 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
..Elephone, P9000, Embassy pointed me to another branch of government that didn't answer.. have emailed and again and hassled them for a response. According to blurb China wants to protect foreign consumers therefore encouraging more business by restricting the companies like Elephone from illegal actions, such as not honouring warranties. It would seem though that they are just waiting for me to give up... Actually I have been massively busy, however this weekend I have hit about 4 worldwide tech forums, with Warning posts.. Everytime someone decides to buy another brand from another company, Elephone lose more than it would have cost to either fix my problem or give me a refund - AVOID Based on my experience of the P9000... purchased from [email protected]  SIM holder so unreliable the phone is not fit for purpose. SDCard in same slot same unreliable problem. Tried among for a refund after about 4 days. Company promised firmware upgrades etc Stuck with it unfortunately NFC not working for android pay Fingerprint reader unreliable + many other issues :-( 9 months in screen started to come off. Returned to to company under warranty... (I talked the parcel) After 2 months of chasing they finally admitted possession of the phone. Then attempted to extort another $50 to repair it, claiming user damage... I told them about the damage, they have yet to respond to my emails.  In total I had the phone for 257 days. I have sent OVER 60 emails to the company, many not answered, had to resort to translation software to enhance chance of reply. They avoided honoring warranty. They still have my phone and have taken my money. I have had to resort to contacting Chinese government agencies including the SAIC, the Chinese Embassy in the UK, the Chinese Overseas Association and indeed any other agency that might be able to represent and protect my consumer rights.  As yet still unresolved... IMO Avoid this brand and company and buy from someone else.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-5-21 20:47:58 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Still on the go...have hit 4 international forums to warn people this weekend.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Veteran

Credits

Lucky Staractive users

Post time 2017-5-21 21:46:05 | Show all posts
cyberken replied at 2017-5-21 07:52 AM
..Elephone, P9000, Embassy pointed me to another branch of government that didn't answer.. have emai ...

wonder why you're being ignored . . . it would have been so easy for a company to settle your dissatisfaction . . .  

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-6-4 05:39:06 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Indeed I think because I am being a pain

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Veteran

Credits

Lucky Staractive users

Post time 2017-9-12 00:12:15 | Show all posts
cyberken replied at 2017-6-3 09:39 PM
Indeed I think because I am being a pain

Why? you only ask for what you've paid for...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

share :
To Top