Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
Search
View: 35886|Reply: 64

[SOLUTIONS] Solving Elephone's battery life issues

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Elephone Star

Credits
Post time 2015-2-18 19:19:50 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by [email protected] at 2015-3-21 05:18 PM

Hello everybody,

I heard that lot of people had problems with the Elephone's battery life. If you apply the things that I will explain here, you're battery should stay at least 2 days (with the P6000)

Update your phone to the last version, the problems can be fixed with updates sometimes There is actualy a fact that you need to know. When you will use your phone at first, it will need some cycles of charging to calibrate himself the battery for the first time. So you will have real battery life after something like 1/2 weeks.

Second option if after two weeks it's still weak, I think that's possibly a factory calibration problem. I will show you a tuto that I did with my previous phone (but work the same and has almost the same battery power as the P6000).
Just follow well the tuto and it should improve the battery life of your Elephone. It's actualy very easy and safe to do, no risk.

(Interesting part for you start at 2 minutes)

[youtube]watch?v=YkU-kI_NqcQ[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkU-kI_NqcQ

Other tips that you should take the use to do (working on every smartphone, not only Elephone :

- Keep an eye on signal strength. If you're in an area with poor cellular coverage, the phone will work harder to latch onto a strong-enough signal. This has an adverse effect on battery life. There's not much you can do about this one, but keep in mind that this could be the culprit behind a seemingly weak battery; it's worth popping.

- Turn off GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, Wi-Fi and mobile data whenever you don't need them. Turning off location data, or setting it to use Wi-Fi or 3G data rather than GPS works perfectly well. Only turn on Bluetooth and NFC as long as you need them, and there's no need to have both Wi-Fi and mobile data turned on at all times. If you use Wi-Fi a lot though, say at home and at work, then it makes sense to keep set your Wi-Fi to ''Always on during sleep'' as this uses less power than to have your Wi-Fi reconnecting every time you wake your phone.

- Less color = less juice sucked. A monochrome background is the best option.

- Get rid of auto-brightness. Lower the brightness of your screen at the minimum, it's way enough and better for your eyes.

- When your phone is charged at 100% let it plugged 10-15min more (with my phone when I do this, the 100% battery are staying way longer before falling to 99% than if I don't).

- Switch off vibrate. Unless you really need that added awareness, turn off vibration. It actually takes more power to vibrate your phone than it does to ring it.

- Don't put the ringing and music level at the maximum, it's taking more battery.

- Set your display's screen timeout to as short a time as is practical for you. Just think, if your screen timeout is set to a minute, it'll use four times the amount of power to have it on, every time you switch your screen on, than if your timeout is set to 15 seconds.

- Cut data and wifi during you're sleeping (it should decrease of maximum 1% battery when you will wake up if your phone is really sleeping aswell).

- Keep your apps updated to enjoy the new optimisations.

- Use the battery saving mode if your phone have one. It will not change a lot the performance but help a lot your battery to stay longer alive.

- Don't install other launcher that are battery suckers.

- Ditch widgets you don't really need, especially those that are connected to the internet like weather widgets. It's really sucking lot of juice.

- Diseable the auto updates from your apps, they keep searching updates and using juice. Just search manualy for updates sometimes when you want.
the phone into Airplane mode if you don't need data or voice calls.

- Higher temperatures will cause your smartphone’s battery to degrade much more dramatically over time than cooler temperatures will. This doesn’t mean you’re automatically doomed to always suffer from poor battery life if you live in Africa, but keeping your phone away from a sunny windowsill or being hotboxed in a stuffy car should increase your battery life considerably.

- Try to never let your phone fall to 0% of battery (except for calibrating). On the long time, this can dammage your battery and you can lose more than half of it's capacity cause of this.

- Use a battery managment app like JuiceDefender (there is plenty of that kind of apps on apps store. They are not all so good so you can try several and choose your favorit)

- Think twice before enabling autorotation of the screen. It drain more battery cause it's making the CPU work harder.

If you do at least half of the list, it should make your battery life way better than before.

If you have other tips, let me know I will add it to the list !

Enjoy

(Saying thanks if it was usefull to you is always appreciated )

Any issue with your (Ele)phone ? Find the solution there : [BUGS][HOW-TO][SOLUTIONS] For any Elephone
http://bbs.elephone.hk/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2705&fromuid=5411

How to change your lockscreen wallpaper on Elephone phones ?
http://bbs.elephone.hk/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=7153&fromuid=5411

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2015-2-20 06:09:31 | Show all posts
Thanks, I did a calibration + used some of your tips like installing juice defender, it's way better now ! I will force myself to take the use of the other tips, now I have 1 day and half of battery with the P6000. I am sure it can be 2 days !
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Elephone Star

Credits
Post time 2015-2-18 20:13:28 | Show all posts
Hello, nice idea.
But i only see 2 blocks of text.
No pictures or movies.

Can you edit the post and add that?
Then i will ad this post to the tips&tricks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2015-2-18 20:56:13 | Show all posts
Oh I have inserted the Youtube link with the tool of text. It seems that it was not working. I just put the link for now.
How do you insert a Youtube video directly ?
Any issue with your (Ele)phone ? Find the solution there : [BUGS][HOW-TO][SOLUTIONS] For any Elephone

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Elephone Star

Credits
Post time 2015-2-18 22:24:26 | Show all posts
Edited by elot at 2015-2-18 03:26 PM
[email protected] replied at 2015-2-18 01:56 PM
Oh I have inserted the Youtube link with the tool of text. It seems that it was not working. I just  ...

When you add a thread (or post) in the right top corner of the edit box, you see the link: Advanced Mode
Click on it.The screen gets filled with a large box and some extra buttons above the text you can type.
There is at the end a YouTube button, to put a link in from YouTube.

If that does not work, you can push the 'Senior' button in the right top corner, just next to the 'Full Screen' button.
That gives also the option to add a Video or Flash.

But i have never tried it myself.

I have added it to the Tips&tricks.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2015-2-18 22:46:07 | Show all posts
Thank you man, and nice french accent

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2015-2-18 23:30:08 | Show all posts
Edited by [email protected] at 2015-2-19 02:11 AM

Haha yeah french accent is hard to hide !

I tried it Elot but it's giving an error message where should be the video...Perhaps because I am on a Mac ? I will try with a Windows when I will be home.

Edit : Finally succeed about insertion of the video, with the youtube tool you need to pu only the " watch?v=YkU-kI_NqcQ " not the full link (as explained on the tuto thread from Ethan, I hadn't see it)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2015-2-19 00:17:17 | Show all posts
Well, only on AMOLED screens black pixels are unlit. On conventional IPS screens, all pixels are lit no matter what. The closest solution though, would be to use lesser colours, as apparently a monochrome screen saves power.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2015-2-19 00:29:34 | Show all posts
Oh really ? I wasn't knowing that. Thanks, I will update the tips then !

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2015-2-19 00:31:55 | Show all posts
hello man are you out of your mind ? Why I have bought this phone which need all these restriction in order to have at least standard endurance like other phones.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2015-2-19 00:36:23 | Show all posts
Hello, all those tips are not only for Elephone but for all smartphones. The first thing to do is the calibration, it should solve a big part of your problems. Actually, that's not a restriction, just some habits to take. Do it, you will get used of it and will just became natural.

Or you ca also do nothing and charge your phone everyday. Actually, the Bepa that I am talking about on the video had a small battery life without using those tips (approximately 1 day a bit more with 2700mah, so almost the same as the P6000). After doing this, I was able to make it stay 4 days without charging. That's better no ?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

share :
To Top