if the installer just reboots your phone, chances are that your Recovery partition was wiped out by the previous OTA update.
Check it by :
- turn off your phone
- Press and hold the VOL+ button
- Press and hold the POWER button
- Wait at least 5 seconds
- Release the POWER button, then release the VOL+
After a few seconds, the recovery should start.
If your phone just boots as usual, you have to restore the Recovery partition...
I did it using a Windows 10 PC (not the best option, use Win 7 if possible).
You'll also need :
- Unofficial TWRP for Elephone P9000 (https://forum.xda-developers.com/elephone-p9000/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-elephone-p9000-t3426678)
- SP Flash Tools (search the forums for a link). I used successfully version 5.1604.00, but other could be OK
- Scatter file for P9000 found in this page: P9000Scatter file
- Unzip SP Flash Tools in a directory
- Unzip the TWRP Recovery in the same directory and rename the file "recovery.img"
- Unzip the scatter file in the same directory
- Right click on "flash_tool.exe" and launch with administrator privileges
- If not already done, select the "Download" tab
- Select the scatter file you unzipped by clicking on the "Scatter-loading" button and navigating to the right file
- The "Download Agent" should be something like "X:\xxx\MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin"
- On the list, only "recovery" should be selected (its check box should be ticked)
- Turn off your phone and wait for at least 1 minute
- Click the 'Download' button
- Connect your phone to the computer (without previously turning it on)
- Windows should install the driver
- After the driver is installed, the download should automatically start
- After a successful download, a small "V" windows should pop-up to indicate it
- You can now disconnect your phone and test it
If the phone is not detected, it could be that the drivers are not installed or you could need to retry the whole process (I had to do it 3 times to be successful).
Keep in mind that Windows 10 doesn't like unsigned drivers and you could have to disable driver signature (search Google for "Windows 10 driver signature" or "Windows 10 test mode")...
After all this, restart the phone and restart the OTA update...
Good luck while waiting for Elephone... They screwed the recovery partition with the previous update 20160810 back in August 2016, so they for sure knew the problem since then (even I did) and half a year later the rolled out an OTA that can't fix it and no info how to fix it by customers. In my opinion it is technically impossible for Elephone to correct this with a future OTA but maybe they will at least give out a guide with secure file ressources for customers to correct themselves... maybe... in late 2019...
If you would like to flash it now, follow my guide in the forum: http://bbs.elephone.hk/thread-12926-1-1.html#.WIIkaRvhCUk This should work.
after serveral unsuccessful attempts of updating, I finally updated my P9000. I had the same problem as some of you guys, that my phone was just rebooting without updating anything after unpacking.
So these steps helped me to finally install the update via OTA:
1. Flash recovery.img of Firmware 20160810 with SP Flash Tool
2. Reboot P9000 into recovery first (VOLUME+ and POWER)
3. Perform normal reboot
4. Download update 20170112 via OTA and start update procedure (unpacking, "Install now")
5. P9000 should now reboot with Elephone-Logo and then into Update-Mode (like in previous updates, it will take serveral minutes)6. After this your P9000 should be now on Firmware 20170112
PS: The system updater which you find under settings was updated with 20170112 (this was the case for me), so this might caused some problems... (just my thoughts)
i hope so for you also i never had any issue other users described. fingerprint worked out of the box and anything else too. i don't understand that because it's the same hardware all over the world but everyone has other experiences with the phone. I'm totally satisfied with this phone and i had plenty of china phones
Número de versión: Elephone_P9000_20170112 Tamaño Versión: 927.13 MB Fecha de Publicación: 01/12/2017 1. Optimización del Sistema 2. Corregir errores Seleccione [Instalar ahora], el dispositivo se reiniciará en modo de actualización, todo el proceso toma unos pocos minutos, durante los cuales no se hace nada para evitar el fracaso de actualización.